After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, would like more information about our privacy practices, or would like to file a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Collection of personal information
- Device Information
- Collection purpose: load the Site accurately for you and perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Collection Source: collected automatically when you access our site through cookies, log files, web beacons, tags or pixels [ADD OR SUBTRACT ANY OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY USED] .
- Disclosure for business purposes: shared with our Shopify processor [ADD ANY OTHER VENDORS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE THIS INFORMATION] .
- Personal information collected: web browser version, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the site [ADD OR SUBTRACT ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED] .
- order information
- Purpose of the collection: provide you with products or services to fulfill our contract, process your payment information, arrange shipping and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when you are online with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising related to our products or services.
- Collection Source: collected from you.
- Disclosure for business purposes: shared with our Shopify processor [ADD ANY OTHER VENDORS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE THIS INFORMATION. FOR EXAMPLE, SALES CHANNELS, PAYMENT GATEWAYS, SHIPPING AND FULFILLMENT APPLICATIONS] .
- Personal information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers [INSERT ANY OTHER ACCEPTED PAYMENT TYPE] ), email address and phone number.
- Customer service information
- Purpose of the collection:
- Collection Source:
- Disclosure for a business purpose:
- Personal information collected: [INSERT ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU COLLECT: OFFLINE DATA, PURCHASED MARKETING DATA/LISTINGS]
- Purpose of the collection: provide customer service.
- Collection Source: collected from you
- Disclosure for business purposes: [ADD PROVIDERS USED TO PROVIDE CUSTOMER SUPPORT]
- Personal information collected: [ADD ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AS NEEDED.]
[INSERT FOLLOWING SECTION IF AGE RESTRICTION IS REQUIRED]
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of [INSERT AGE] . We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the address above to request deletion.
Share personal information
We share your personal information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your personal information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy .
- We may share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information we receive, or to protect our rights.
- [INSERT INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS]
[INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOU USE REMARKETING OR TARGETED ADVERTISING]
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- [INSERT IF APPLICABLE] We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ . You can also unsubscribe from Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
- [INSERT IF USING SHOPIFY AUDIENCES] We use Shopify Audiences to help us show ads on other websites with our advertising partners to buyers who have made purchases with other Shopify merchants and who may also be interested in what we have to offer. We also share information about your use of the Site, your purchases, and the email address associated with your purchases with Shopify Audiences, through which other Shopify merchants may make offers that may be of interest to you.
- [INSERT OTHER ADVERTISING SERVICES USED]
To learn more about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work .
You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising by:
[INCLUDE EXCLUSION LINKS FOR ANY SERVICES USED. COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/ .
Use of personal information
We use your Personal Information to provide you with our services, including: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilling your order, and keeping you updated on new products, services, and offers.
[INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOUR STORE IS LOCATED OR HAS CUSTOMERS IN EUROPE]
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area ("EEA"), we process your personal information under the following legal bases:
[INCLUDE EVERYTHING THAT APPLIES TO YOUR BUSINESS]
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. For more information about your right of deletion, please see the "Your Rights" section below.
Automatic decision making
If you are an EEA resident, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (including profiling), where such decision-making has a legal effect on you or significantly affects you.
Us [US/NOT] we engage in fully automated decision-making that has legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our Shopify processor uses limited automated decision making to prevent fraud that has no legal or significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
Sale of personal information
[INCLUDE THIS SECTION IF YOUR COMPANY IS SUBJECT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT AND SELLS PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DEFINED BY THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT]
Our site sells personal information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA").
- categories of information sold;
- IF YOU USE SHOPIFY AUDIENCES: information about your use of the Site, your purchases, and the email address associated with your purchase
- instructions on how to cancel the sale;
- if your company sells information of minors (under 16 years of age) and if you obtain affirmative authorization;
- if you provide a financial incentive to sell information, please provide information on what that incentive is].
[INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOUR STORE IS LOCATED OR HAS CUSTOMERS IN EUROPE]
If you are an EEA resident, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, transfer it to a new service, and request that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information above. [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING ACCESS, DELETION, CORRECTION AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS]
Your personal information will initially be processed in Ireland and then transferred outside of Europe for further storage and processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers are GDPR compliant, see Shopify's GDPR whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR .
[INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOUR BUSINESS IS SUBJECT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT]
If you are a California resident, you have the right to access the Personal Information we have about you (also known as the "Right to Know"), transfer it to a new service, and request that your Personal Information be corrected. , updated or blurred. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information above. [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING ACCESS, DELETION, CORRECTION AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS]
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the above address.
A cookie is a small amount of information that is downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising and social media or content cookies. Cookies improve your browsing experience by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don't have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or navigate from page to page. Cookies also provide information about how people use the website, for example if it is the first time they visit it or if they are frequent visitors.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
[Make sure to compare this list to Shopify's current list of cookies in the merchant store: https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies ]
Cookies necessary for the operation of the store
|_away||Used in connection with admin access.||2 years|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with browsing through a storefront.||24 hours|
|_shopify_country||It is used in connection with payment.||session|
|_shopify_m||It is used to manage client privacy settings.||1 year|
|_shopify_tm||It is used to manage client privacy settings.||30 minutes|
|_shopify_tw||It is used to manage client privacy settings.||2w|
|_storefront_u||It is used to facilitate the updating of customer account information.||1 minute|
|_monitoring_consent||Tracking Preferences.||1 year|
|C||It is used in connection with payment.||1 year|
|car||It is used in connection with the shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_currency||It is used in connection with the shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_sig||It is used in connection with payment.||2w|
|cart_ts||It is used in connection with payment.||2w|
|cart_ver||It is used in connection with the shopping cart.||2w|
|check||It is used in connection with payment.||4w|
|checkout_token||It is used in connection with payment.||1 year|
|Dynamic_checkout_shown_on_cart||It is used in connection with payment.||30 minutes|
|hide_shopify_pay_for_checkout||It is used in connection with payment.||session|
|Keep alive||It is used in relation to the location of the buyer.||2w|
|master_device_id||It is used in connection with the merchant login.||2 years|
|last step||It is used in connection with payment.||1 year|
|Remember me||It is used in connection with payment.||1 year|
|customer_insurance_sig||Used in connection with client login.||20 years|
|shopify_pay||It is used in connection with payment.||1 year|
|shopify_pay_redirect||It is used in connection with payment.||30 minutes, 3w or 1y depending on the value|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with client login.||2 years|
|follow-up_start_payment||It is used in connection with payment.||1 year|
|checkout_one_experiment||It is used in connection with payment.||session|
Reports and analysis
|_destination page||Tracking landing pages.||2w|
|_orig_referrer||Tracking landing pages.||2w|
|_s||Shopify analytics.||30 minutes|
|_shopify_s||Shopify analytics.||30 minutes|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics related to marketing and referrals.||30 minutes|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics related to marketing and referrals.||30 minutes|
|_shopify_Y||Shopify analytics.||1 year|
|_Y||Shopify analytics.||1 year|
|_shopify_ga||Shopify y Google Analytics.||session|
[INSERT OTHER COOKIES OR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES YOU USE]
How long a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or a "session" cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please note that deleting or blocking cookies may adversely affect your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept them through your browser controls, often found in the "Tools" or "Preferences" menu of your browser. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies, you can find it in your browser's help file or through sites such as: www.allaboutcookies.org .
Also, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent our sharing of information with third parties, such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the "Behavioral Advertising" section above.
do not track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to "Do Not Track" signals, we do not alter our data collection and use practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As stated above, if you wish to make a complaint, please contact us by email or post using the details provided under "Contact Us" above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority or our supervisory authority here: [Add the contact information or website of the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. For example: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ ]
Last update: [Date]